Monday, June 05, 2006

Michal Lukes - The DG of the Czech National Museum

Prague City Breaks
He runs a state institution with 650 employees. A deeply traditional institution, one of the strongest symbols of Czech nationhood. When he took up the post four years ago, he was just 27. A young historian with no managerial experience, but a very clear and powerful vision. A vision that is materialising very quickly under his able leadership. Let us introduce you to the Director General of the Czech National Museum, Dr. Michal Lukes. We asked him how difficult was it to take over such a vulnerable institutuion and what has changed during his four years of management:
" I have built up the structure of the museum from scratch. My predecessor is an excellent scientist and I count myself among his devoted admirers. But his apporach to the directorship was: 'The museum runs itself and I represent it'. SO there was no real structure and system running this institution. What I regard as one of my most rewarding long-term successes is the fact that nowadays you can hear or read about the National Museum everywhere. It wasn't the case four years ago. We are visible and the media are very interested in us. Including Guest@magazine (laughs)."
Prague City Breaks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home